Monday, January 3, 2011

When others care

It is so nice to know that people care about you and your loved ones. To have sympathy is one thing, but to act on it is another. I had the recent experience to see that care turn into action when my mom received the ultimate care package! 

A few days before our fantastic limo ride (see here for that article), my mom received a large box covered with stickers that made it's way in holiday rush hour mail traffic all the way from Oklahoma. Even I admit to being shocked at the magnitude of the care package that some very dear women took the time, effort and finances to put together. Prior to this cancer journey that my mom has been on, these women were total strangers to our family.


Kay my new friend, you are really a blessing in our lives. Our deepest gratitude to you and the fantastic troop of cancer-love warriors that helped you. My mom adores her wrap (as seen in the limo ride pictures) and her fuzzy gloves, the goodies have been eaten with much joy and the gift card is going to excellent use for her to enjoy herself in ways she has never had the opportunity to do.


I wish I could say more, but I seem to always be at a loss for words when trying to convey gratitude. Tears seem so much easier to express how we feel. Tears of joy when our hearts are deeply touched by the kindness of others.


With much love you you all....

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes there just aren't words to thank an angel that God has placed in one's lives....this is true of Kay ...
    She is loved, respected, and is a wonderful role model to all who know her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ali, you are all so wonderful and this has been such a wonderful experience for us all.

    ReplyDelete