Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's her decision

Hello friends...


Last week I wrote to you that my mom was going to give the City of Hope clinical trial two more months to see if there were any better results than she has had so far. She has given this a lot of thought and prayed fervently about her decision and has decided to stop treatments immediately. 


The entire process of rigorous chemotherapy and experimental drugs has been too much for her and there is just no quality of life to make the possible results worth the pain and suffering. For the past few months she has been very sick and has rarely felt like doing much of anything. She misses her children and grandchildren and considers the people in her life what living is all about.


I feel as if we are back to where we started in October, 6-12 months to live and our family wondering what a person is supposed to do when their beloved mother, sister and wife is dying. We still pray for her and for God's decision to be made known in our lives. The one thing I do know is that there has never been a moment when we have not felt His love for us.


I spent the entire day with my parents yesterday and it was truly a fantastic time. I have to admit that the reality of this decision has still not fully hit me yet, perhaps I am waiting on more scans to give me more definitive results, who knows? The important thing right now is that my mom is happy and what a joy to see her in such good spirits yesterday. She was showing off her new digital photo frame (thanks Kay and the crew!) and we were starting our garden plans (more on this project to come). 


Please continue to join us in our bucket list adventures, as always we are focusing on living and loving and there is plenty of both to be had right now. This bucket list has been an adventure and a blessing to my mom. I cannot thank you all enough for being a part of this.


Up next... the beach house adventure is only weeks away... yes, the next adventure has already been laid out. Join us soon and continue to pray and worship our Heavenly Father for His wonderful gift of the love and warmth that is Wanda.


affectionately...

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing more powerful than God's love and experiencing the complete peace of heart that only comes from His presence. When He gives us clarity of vision and grants us to view things how He sees them, fear loses its ground. I pray that these coming days, weeks, months will be a time of rejoicing in God's love for us, our love for one another, and the gift of sharing in that love with Wanda and you.

    ReplyDelete