Monday, January 10, 2011

Decisions to be make

Hello my sweet friends,


Today my mom met with her doctor to get the results of the bone and CT scans that were performed on Friday. It was time to test if the test phase of this treatment was having any effect on the cancer. The results are... that there really are not many results. The good news is that cancer has not spread any further. And the other news... well it's that the cancer is all still there, in every part of her body that it was before.


The bright and sunny disposition would be to say, "but hey! that's great news! the cancer is not spreading at least." But you see, my mom has been mostly sick for the entire treatment. Combine that with the many hours she spends driving all the way to Pasadena from Victorville for every treatment and the endless chemo side effects combined with experimental drugs. Well, it's not everyone's idea of "living" and perhaps not hers either.


So she is asking herself whether or not continuing treatment if only to keep her alive for another year or so, is it worth being sick for that entire year? Only my mom can answer that. And so she is spending the next few days considering her options.


I ask you all to join me in prayer that God would speak to my mom's heart and tell her His plan for her. That he would strengthen her for which ever path He has already chosen for her and that He would comfort us all.


So I am thinking that a wonderful, "all girls trip" to a "beach house" for her first time might just be in order. It's time we got to planning and putting a smile on her face again!


With Love...

5 comments:

  1. I'm all for putting a smile on her face!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for clarity and peace of heart that only our Heavenly Father and His Holy Spirit can provide. I also pray that we may be allowed to view this situation how God sees it. With love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a coffee table book about sisters....it is a beautiful book about relationships with the women in our lives.
    One of the stories is about three sisters that spend some time at a beach house together....after one of the sisters decides to stop fighting the cancer in her breasts ( she was only in her 30's ). The weekend also marked the time before her sisters were to report for elective surgery to remove their breasts before the cancer had a chance to take hold of them and their lives.
    Their trip to the beach house was a time of reflection and insight into what their futures truly held...and what they held for each other.
    The picture for the story shows the three women standing, with a sheet wrapped around them..it is such a peaceful scene...I think it was a truly healing, loving, beautiful, serene time for them....
    I truly hope you have the opportunity to go to the beach house with your mom...I can see it in my mind...
    Sending love, hugs, and prayers ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad to hear that the results aren't more promising! I have been really praying for your momma....having such a wonderful and encouraging family means the world of difference to her I bet! I hope she really enjoys the fun you guys have set out to do for her and that in the time that she has left, however long or short, she really enjoys her life! Everyone is dying, but not everyone really lives!( and really, this is just the trial run....our real life only begins in death) love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments. Dagmar, you are always such a force here in the blog, I love to "see" you here faithfully. Thank you Sylvia, we miss you.
    Ali, what a fantastic book to have! I would love for you to share the name of that book?
    Elisa, thank you for your comments and you are right, not everyone really lives. I think that was a line from Braveheart and I think it is one of the best quotes ever! Thank you for leaving comments!

    ReplyDelete